Current Affairs 06 october 2017
- 2017 Nobel Peace Prize Announced
The Norwegian Nobel Committee has decided to award the Nobel Peace Prize for 2017 to the International Campaign to Abolish Nuclear Weapons (ICAN) "for its work to draw attention to the catastrophic humanitarian consequences of any use of nuclear weapons and for its ground-breaking efforts to achieve a treaty-based prohibition of such weapons".
- POTUS (President Of The United States) is most followed Political leader in World, Indian PM Modi at third
- Gauri Lankesh is the first Indian Journalist to bags Anna Politkovskaya Award ( Posthumous), instituted by Reach All Women (RAW) in War.
It was honored to award the annual Anna Politkovskaya Award for women human rights defenders from war and conflict zones.
Anna Politkovskaya, a Russian journalist was killed in 2006 in Moscow for her courage to speak out on behalf of the suffering of the civilians in the war in Chechnya.
- Banwari Lal Purohit sworn in as Tamilnadu Governor
- FIFA U-17 World Cup 2017 Started First Ever host by India from 6-28 oct. 2017
The Official Mascot of the FIFA U-17 World Cup India 2017 is a clouded leopard called Kheleo.
Total number of Team =24
HDFC Life Insurance and Apollo Munich Health have come together to launch ‘Click2Protect Health plan’, which provides both life and health cover under a single plan. This plan combines the benefits of HDFC Life’s ‘Click2Protect 3D Plus (term) protection plan’ and Apollo Munich’s ‘Optima Restore health indemnity plan’.
The features of the product include the waiver of future premiums on account of accidental total permanent disability or on the diagnosis of critical illness; and special premium rates for women and non-tobacco users.
- www.nobelprize.org https://www.nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/peace/laureates/2017/
- www.thehindu.com http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/bangalore/gauri-lankesh-posthumously-honoured-with-anna-politkovskaya-award/article19802238.ece
- www.tnrajbhavan.gov.in http://www.tnrajbhavan.gov.in/
- www.fifa.com http://www.fifa.com/u17worldcup/index.html